We encourage you to download and install the latest version found at https://www.relinc.net/software/.
Features included in this release include
- Improved in SURE-Pulse filtering
- Video output from Image correlation follows sample deformation
- A citation section to ease citing of the software
- Tutorial section including links to training videos
- Usability and bug fixes throughout the software
REL’s method is too avoid the use of filters unless absolutely necessary, and if used they are used only in post-processing of results, not during testing. That being stated, there are times when high frequency noise is present in the final graphs and could be eliminated. These SURE-pulse filters have been improved as to not lose pertinent material information while applying a filter.
The new filtering method uses a triangular window, with much better performance than the previous filter, which was prone to ringing artifacts.
The video output while performing Digital Image Correlation (DIC) now defaults to Eulerian strain, which produces a strain map that follows the sample as it deforms.
The SURE-Pulse software remains open source, and we invite you to give feedback to constantly improve this platform for the benefit of all in this area.
REL SURE-Test Systems
In addition to the developed Sure-Pulse software, REL’s SURE-Test platform is designed to be flexible to handle a variety of dynamic loading conditions and each of the modules available (https://www.relinc.net/sure-test-systems/) integrate seamlessly onto this platform. Some of the tests are listed below:
- Compression and Tension SHPB tests
- Direct Impact tests and Chambers
- Momentum transfer tests.
- Servo mechanical testing (low to mid strain rates)
- Dynamic 3-point bend test
- Dynamic Pipe Burst test
- Acceleration sled testing (over 50000 g’s)
Please contact us for more information regarding your dynamic material testing needs.