We are innovation. We solve problems. Period.
REL, Inc. manufactures Reliable, Exact, and Logical equipment. We specialize in process equipment for Non-Destructive Testing (iFPI), Servo driven material handling equipment (iREL), and High strain rate material testing (SURE-Test). REL deploys the latest control technology that is specific to the equipment being built. REL understands the demands placed on our World Class Manufacturing partners and produces equipment to meet the process needs to breed success. This success comes from a project that is completed…
- On time.
- On Budget.
- With designed safety
- With specific stakeholder training.
- With design robustness.
REL undertakes each opportunity with multi-disciplinary accomplished teams of awesomeness to maximize the project success.
- REL Team
- Industries Served
Robert received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Technological University in 1971. He is the co-founder of REL, Inc. Robert …
Josh, his wife Jennifer and their 8 children live in Calumet, Michigan. Dr. Loukus is the President of REL, Inc. Dr. Loukus provides ideation …
Dr. Adam Loukus is the Vice President of REL, Inc. Adam received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Technological University in 2001 …
- 1981 – Job shop
- 1990 – REL Machine, Inc. was established by Robert and Josh Loukus. Two pieces of equipment included an engine lathe and a knee mill.
- 1995 – First CNC Lathe
- 2000 – Expanded into Automation and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) lines
- 2004 – Advanced Material Research
- 2006 – Founded REL, Inc; Partnered with NASA: Return to Flight
- 2007 – Developed and marketed metal matrix composite (MMC) brakes – Matrix Brakes – rotors and brake pads for motorcycles
- 2010 – MMC Armor & Concrete Cutting Diamond Blades
- 2012 – MMC Car and Truck Brakes
- 2013 – High Strain Rate Testing Equipment – Branded ‘SURE-Test Systems’ expansion
- 2014 – Non Destructive Testing Equipment – iFPI expansion
- 2015 – Released Open Source Material Testing Software – SURE-Pulse
- 2015 – Material Handling Equipment – iREL expansion
REL’s manufacturing and engineering quality systems comply with advanced CMM technologies to ensure highest quality components are delivered. REL engineering and manufacturing is ISO-9001: 2008 certified, ITAR Compliant is working to become AS9100 certified.
REL is an award-winning member of American Foundry Society (AFS); and the North American Die Casting Association (NADCA) and was awarded “Innovation of the Year” by the Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council.
ASTM E1417 certified
REL produces iFPI World Class Penetrant Inspection equipment for the automotive and aerospace industries. iFPI equipment uses the latest technology in motion control to process and track parts through the process.
REL produces SURE-Test high strain rate testing systems for cutting edge testing of materials. Every material will behave like silly putty at some ambient conditions and/or loading rate. REL also has a test lab for testing dynamic response of customer supplied materials.
REL, Inc. is located at 57640 North Eleventh Street in Calumet, Michigan.
Follow us on Twitter: @RELIncorporated